affecting approximately 13.7% of Irish adults at any one point in time.
Menu: Social Anxiety
We are a non-profit organization compassionately dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by social anxiety along with raising national awareness about social anxiety its implications and the available treatment options.
- To develop a National Institute of Excellence for the treatment of Social Anxiety – this will be achieved through on-going research, participant feedback, and appropriate training for volunteers.
- To promote and encourage support groups for individuals with Social Anxiety, and to offer a group treatment programme to those affected by the illness – This will be achieved by the continuation of the 14 week CBT programme, and bimonthly support groups.
- To promote and encourage public awareness of Social Anxiety and to educate the public about this illness – This will be achieved through daily interaction with social media via Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn; the management of the Social Anxiety Ireland website and blog; and the organisation of public lectures on the topic of social anxiety.
- To set up a research committee, which shall oversee programmes of research into the causes and treatment of Social Anxiety.
- To act as a national organisation for all matters concerning the relief of suffers of Social Anxiety, and their families – This will be achieved through the media promotion of Social Anxiety Ireland; the provision of contact details for general queries regarding social anxiety and services; information on the group application process; and how to volunteer with the organis
CBT Group Treatment
The programme, which largely adopts a cognitive
behavioural model, is conducted over fourteen weeks.
If you wish to apply for a place on our Social Anxiety
Programme please read and follow the instructions in
the section ‘Process of applying for a place in our
Social Anxiety Programme.’
We Need Your Help!
We’re 100% non-profit and rely on the good will of people like you to enable us to continue to provide this invaluable treatment for so many people throughout Ireland.
100% of your donation goes towards helping people with Social Anxiety Disorder.
Latest News & Events
With the support of people like you, we’ve been able to help thousands of people throughout Ireland. Keep up to date with all things SAI via our blog with weekly updates, news, service updates and helpful information.